About Marshmallow... Marshmallow’s genus "Althaea" is derived from the Greek word atho, meaning "to cure." This herb has been used for centuries. It was advocated by Hippocrates for its virtues, and it has long been used as a food in times of famine.
Native to Europe, Marshmallow grows in wet soils. Its leaves are harvested in August and are good in salads, and the roots are harvested in the autumn.
All the herbs in this tea are organically grown and prepared, ensuring their natural taste and active properties are enjoyed in every cup of tea. Our organic audit trail enables traceability from the field to your table.
This light green tea has a very agreeable, mellow taste leaving you in a state of contentment.
Organic Marshmallow Root & Leaf (Althaea officinalis)
• Good water is an essential part of brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using spring or filtered water.
• Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
• This is a delicate herb and is more potent when exposed to high temperatures for a short period of time. So that your tea has its maximum medicinal properties and flavour, be sure that your water is at a rolling boil when you pour it over your teabags.
• If you desire a medicinal tea, be sure to use one tea bag per cup of boiling water, cover and steep for 7-12 minutes. This is known as the infusion method.
• If you desire a pleasure tea or quick brew, use one teabag per cup of hot water. Pour water over teabags, cover, and let steep 3 to 5 minutes to taste. Enjoy!